20140108

A Day at Chateau Versailles



Jacket, Zara//Sweater, Gap//Skirt, miumiu//boots, Topshop//purse, J. Crew

It is through traveling that I gain inspiration and a widened view on the world. I was so lucky to have spent the last week of 2013 in Europe. My family and I traveled to Germany, Belgium, France, and finally, Amsterdam. Not only was it an amazing vacation, but it also felt like a learning experience through taking in beautiful sights, meeting different people, and tasting all sorts of new foods. From dusk to dawn, we wasted no time in Europe by exploring each city in the way I think is best when it comes to traveling: walking non-stop, scouring for the best hole-in-the-wall eats, with a map and camera in each hand. That isn't to say that there weren't any bumps on the road... I lost my phone, my dad lost his wallet, and my sister also lost her wallet. (We definitely learned our lesson to beware of pickpockets!) But my sister actually found her wallet in a trash can soon after; it was really a miracle!! Even though it's annoying to lose your items, they can be replaced. However, the memories and experiences from traveling is much more valuable and irreplaceable. I tried to capture those moments to the best of my ability through my camera, and I think I did a pretty good job considering I filled up 24 gigabytes on my memory card! 

The first outfit post above was taken at the Palace of Versailles, the grand residence built by Louis XIV. It is hard not to "Oouuuu" and "Ahhhh" when walking through this chateau. The entire place is covered in luxurious wallpaper and heavy curtains, with furniture that are simply too pretty to sit on. My favorite part of this palace was the infamous Hall of Mirrors. The crystal chandeliers sparkle beautifully from the sunlight pouring in through the floor-to-ceiling windows, which then reflect off the mirrors on the opposing wall, to create an amazing mirage of golden light throughout the entire hall. From the windows, you have a great view of the perfectly trimmed gardens and lofty fountains. It truly is a place fit for a king. 

Now that I am back home, and still have a week left of winter break, I am having so much fun editing pictures and video clips I took. Here is a visual: me with my glasses and fuzzy socks on, in bed, with my macbook propped on my lap. It's honestly the most relaxing thing ever. I am making a whole separate video of Versailles from my Paris vlog, because the footage is way too beautiful not to share!  I'm super excited to share more soon!

Happy New Year everybody, let's make 2014 the best year yet. (C'mon, I know you like my cheesy endings.)

xo, Dahye

p.s. Hope everybody is staying warm during the "polar vortex" in North American! Such a funny name... it sounds like some Gatorade flavor, don't you think?


Like on Facebook
Instagram @heydahye
Follow via Bloglovin'

13 comments

Unknown said...

gorgeous! and an amazing scenery! Isn't Versailles the most beautiful?

Ashley said...

Love this look and versailles looks so amazing :)

dontcoralwithme.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

U look lovely!

www.bstylevoyage.blogspot.com
xx

Unknown said...

very cool look my dear. love the nude scheme and the poping blue accent of the bag

www.thefashionfraction.com
www.thefashionfraction.com

Tania said...

Wow what a gorgeous skirt!! Can't believe it's from Gap. Love your whole outfit, the colors are great and the blue bag is beautiful!!

xo freshfizzle

euphorias room said...

Great look! Love your skirt so much!

http://euphoriasroom.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Gorgeous pics and great post :)
- Mr. Brilliantier
http://brilliantier.blogspot.com/

eddie said...

amazing! I love the skirt and the colours and of course chateau de versailles :)

Unknown said...

I've visited many chateau in french but I thought that Versaille is the most beautiful chateau in french!
love your outfit too!!

thebingogenic.blogspot.com

Malisa said...

i really love tour style. your shoes very amazing!

mallieams.blogspot.com

Stella Cadente said...

This is stunning! Love it!

xx
Lauren Elizabeth
Petite in Pearls

Eleonora said...

The skirt is my favourite :)

xoxo
Follemente Fashion Blog also on Fashiolista and Bloglovin'

fashionbarb said...

Amazing skirt! Love your style dear and started to follow you!

If you would like to visit my blog I would be very happy:

www.fashionbarb.com

Hey Dahye ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger