20130414

night to remember: PROM!











 
Hair I did for Amara! It looks wet because I sprayed about half a bottle of hairspray on her. :P
Prom wrist corsages!

 This past Saturday was a day that I will remember and cherish forever. I flew from the Southeast to the Midwest to attend prom at my old school. It was so nice to see my best friends that I missed so much, and to get all doll'd up for this special event! As you can see, there is still plenty of snow in the Midwest in the middle of April. But some snow can't stop us! We danced nonstop, almost losing my voice, and definitely losing a bit of hearing from the loud music. I am so lucky to have such amazing people in my life.

I want to thank dressestylist.com again for sending me this beautiful dress. It was absolutely perfect for the occasion. I'm also wearing fun lace-up heels from the Target X Prabal Gurung collection that I bought for a steal the day before prom! All of the jewelry is my mom's.

For my hair and makeup, I wanted to keep it in accordance with the silver theme of my dress. I did a slight smokey eye, using an amazing silver cream shadow to keep the whole look in place for the whole night. For my hair, I did big curls with just enough volume. But it was not a fussy hairdo, and I was definitely able to dance away without worrying about ruining my hair.

So, I'm pretty exhausted from the partying and plane rides. I definitely had a jam-packed spring break full of memories. I guess I'm ready to go back to school and hit the books again. Only six weeks left until summer vacation!!! LET'S GO.




 Follow via Bloglovin'

13 comments

Caroline said...

You look gorgeous! The dress is great and I love the way you did your makeup!

~ Caroline
http://peachykeencaroline.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

you look like an angel! what a lovely night, so great that you flew all the way back for it. xox

Bitacora de lua said...

So beatiful!!! amazing dress!!

xx
http://bitacoradelua.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

You all look so good, I hope you enjoyed it
xoxo

http://styleisinvogue.blogspot.com.es/

Unknown said...

Aw that's so sweet that you got to go back to your old school. You guys look beautiful!

Mili from call me, Maeby

Imogen said...

I miss these kinds of events they are always so enjoyable. Beautiful and stunning look. Wonderful post.

Mouna said...

wow! what a beautiful gown! you look absolutely stunning :) and I love the shoes and your hair !

Johanna L. said...

You look stunning! I love the dress so much! You must've had so much fun there :) ♥ xo

Tanja Jojic said...

You looked adorable. I hope you had a great time =^.^=
tanyaminxy.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

AWWW, you look beautiful!!!! i love your dress, but i especially love those heels! i'm so glad you had a wonderful time <3

High-Stitched Voice

Unknown said...

Beautiful !

Willow said...

Great pictures, you look lovely. That snow is the perfect backdrop for your dress - you look like a snow queen! Looks like you had a wonderful time!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!!!

Hey Dahye ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger